Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Off to the Conference!!! San Diego, here I come...

Just a quick note to anyone reading to say this:
  • I'm going to Southern Cal Writer's Conference 23, San Diego in, well, 12 hours.
  • I got A LOT done on the re-write. I ripped through to the end of Book I (yes, it's gotta be a trilogy, at least), and next, I have to iterate back. But, I did what I set out to do. I removed Abby and Lucci, and replaced them each with someone else, a wee bit familiar.
  • I'm getting my first 20 pages critiqued at the conference. I know by whom, but shant say. I expect that he/she will notice improvement. Near flawless proofreading, except for my penchant to misuse, abuse, subjugate, and obfuscate commas.
  • I have excerpted out my 5 pages for the Pirate/Rogue sessions. They are dynamite!
  • I hope to see a bunch of SCWCLA08 there: Trish, Jeff, Lorelei, Josh, Brandon, Stacey & Gloria, Sharmyn, Jan (And the WHALE! We want the whale).
  • I got all my docs in a row. I'm ready!
If yer going, find me! If yer not see ya when I get back.

1 comment:

L.5immons said...

All your docs in a row, haha! good one!
Have a great time!
I'm so proud of you!
xox
Lms*