Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Back at the Real World

The SCWCLA*09 conference is done and gone, I'm back at it!

After a great meeting with Trish and Gabriel of BlueJayTech, who did Andrew Peterson's _First to Kill_ website, for our 'real world' project, I flew back home. _America Libre_ by Raul Ramos y Sanchez made the flight quick.

When I got home, I successfully shepherded the BoP 2009 conference, including getting a copy of Jacqueline Novogratz's _The Blue Sweater_ signed for Sue (and me) and spent the Sunday decompressing. I then spent some time following Raul Ramos y Sanchez's advice on setting up Facebook and Twitter. I'm still not on board with this social networking thing, but at least I'm on the pier. (I've been a MySpace member since 2004, and its ROI is zippo!) But, you reap what, later and more than you sow, so sow I will. I've begun adding p33ps from the SCWC, including MSG and Lorelei Armstrong.

I got a chance to read Alwyn's Pinnow's "whole piece", and loved it as much as I did the sample that Laura Taylor read. I think that I was the first to respond after the reading saying "...the best thing I've heard all conference." I was one of several who pressed Laura to nominate this award winning vignette.

Lacey and I have exchanged emails, and I will be reading what she sent me WHEN ITS NOT DARK OUT!

I read Jeff Michaels and Jill Q. Weiss's screenplay. Two thing are certain... 1) This would have made a great installment on Serling's Night Gallery. 2) I have no idea how to write a screenplay. Maybe I don't have to ;-)

Anyway, I've been busy pushing life around since my last post. Time to start pushing words around, again. Including on this plank of my platform.

No comments: