Sunday, December 20, 2009

Speaking of coincidences...

I have to chuckle at a few interesting coincidences from the movie "2012" and my life.
  1. John Cusack plays a "failed writer." I'm not a failed writer yet. Who is?
  2. He lives in Manhattan Beach, CA.
  3. I was just in Yellowstone last year.
  4. Catastrophic Erosion... nuf said.
  5. One of the first cracks appears at the end of El Porto on 45th Street, blocks from where I lived for a while. I have pictures taken a year ago of me standing where the crack is.
  6. I'll have to wait for the DVD, but I'm pretty sure that the first frame of the sinking of vast amounts of beachfront shows the Manhattan Beach Pier going under first. (Yeah, I did that, too.)
  7. Cusack's character and I have a propensity for running into people we know in odd parts of the country... to our benefit.
  8. We have a knack for writing fiction which ends up coming true. I have called it "Michael Gavon's Disease" where an idea I tell someone ends up being on the cover of a relevant magazine the next day. It recently happened when I remarked that they should remake When Worlds Collide..
But Judas Christ isn't like that. I'm not making predictions. I'm reverse engineering Revelation to portray it in a plausible way. Emmerich almost succeeded.

No comments: